I'm pleased to announced that Capital Recovery Center has been selected by the City of Olympia to manage the Downtown Ambassador Program in it's pilot stage. As Program Manager, I'll be hiring, training and supervising the Ambassadors and Clean Team. Over the next two weeks we'll be hiring seven folks to round out our teams, with the goal to get services rolling by the end of the month. Below, you'll find job descriptions and instructions on how to apply.
Downtown Ambassadors act as good will ambassadors on behalf of all members of the downtown community. They present a positive attitude and customer-service oriented approach. Ambassadors patrol the 18 block-Downtown core. Their primary role is to provide information, referrals to resources, and support to citizens and visitors to the area, as well as to be on call should conflict arise.
- Attend and participate in meetings as necessary to support all program activities.
- Be knowledgeable of Olympia history, sites of interest, local businesses, recreation activities, current entertainment, social services and other information to assist and direct shoppers, visitors, and others.
- Greet every passerby with a friendly attitude and smile.
- Deliver information to businesses in regards to downtown events, news, parking, and updates on the Ambassador Program.
- Work with City Departments and other organizations to provide expertise and resources for work program activities.
- Collaborate daily with social service agencies to help determine and refer services to those in need on the streets.
- Aid in communications among businesses and organizations with the service area.
- Provide information and directions to Downtown users.
- Conflict and dispute resolution.
- Engage in problem solving with local social service agencies, City of Olympia, Olympia Police Department, and other interested parties in order to address quality of life and place-making issues within the service area.
- Other duties as assigned.
Tuesday through Thursday 11:00a.m. - 6:00p.m.
Friday and Saturday 12:00 noon - 7:00p.m.
Clean Team crew members will provide cleaning and beautification services throughout the service area under the direction and supervision of the Program Manager.
- Responsible for sidewalk sweeping and washing, picking up litter, cleaning up overflowing trash receptacles, and assisting with other duties as assigned.
- Represent Downtown Olympia in a friendly and positive manner. This may include occasionally providing simple directions and assistance to Downtown shoppers, visitors, and employees.
- Coordinate with City Staff regarding graffiti abatement and prevention strategies.
- Coordinate with City of Olympia Probation Work Crew on advanced maintenance operations, such as, large graffiti removal projects, glass etching graffiti removal, and large trash collection needs.
Wednesday through Sunday from 10:30 a.m. - 1:30p.m.
If interested, send resume, cover letter, and references to Rob Richards at email@example.com