You have something you believe in,
something you treasure, like this flower
(which could = hamburger / vitamins / gun / hot cocoa / gummi bears / libertarianism / peace / war / etc.).
You want to share it.
- Some people will be allergic to it
- Some people will love it and want to share their own flowers with you too
- Some people will hate it and berate you for even growing it
- Some people will be indifferent
You have many choices including:
- fight with the people who are allergic and rub the flower all over their faces
- join a flower loving group
- berate those who hate flowers
- ignore the indifferent
- force flowers on the indifferent
- develop high blood pressure and ulcers from all the fighting you participate in
- secretly or not so secretly enjoy waving your flower around in front of those who are allergic
- educate those who are interested about your flower
- respect the boundaries of those who aren't interested, or are allergic
You can have your flower. You can enjoy it. You can find like minded flower loving folks to hang out with. You can find groups of people that in general like your flower.
Life isn't fair and everyone won't like your flower all the time. There are no guarantees.
You can survive this.
Yes, your flower is beautiful and it is yours.
And you can respect the preferences, choices, and boundaries of others.
Respecting the choices of others does not threaten you or your flower.
You can have your flower.